If youâ€™re looking for a Knock Your Socks Off Fatherâ€™s Day cocktail â€“ look no further, youâ€™ve found it! After experimenting with this drink for a couple of weeks (itâ€™s tough, I know) the result is this fab & delish â€œKnock Your Socks Off Father’s Day cocktail.” The goal: take a traditionally masculine drink and tweak it enough to be crisp and light for â€œsummer sippingâ€ yet keep (and maybe even make better) the originalâ€™s deep flavors. Dad, hubby, your brotherâ€¦whoever you want to make this for on Fatherâ€™s Day is going to love you for it. Forget socks, ties and grill sets, this drink is going to be your new tradition.
Iâ€™m going to suggest making it according to the measurements Iâ€™ve given, especially since I worked so hard on it. Iâ€™ll list some variations at the end though, I know not everyone likes to follow the rules.
Knock Your Socks OffÂ
(A “So, I’ve Been Thinking…” twist on the traditional manhattan)
- 1.5 parts Crown Royal
- .5 parts sweet vermouth (Iâ€™m going to suggest Carpano Antica)
- .5 parts fresh lemon juice
- .5 parts real maple syrup
- 2-4 dashes of bitters
Fill a shaker cup with ice, add all ingredients and shake well.
Strain into a chilled martini/manhattan glass or pour over fresh rocks in a short glass.
Garnish with a lemon slice.
- Rinse your cubes, in the shaker and in the glass, no one likes the flavor of a freezer wall, rinse â€˜em
- Add a little extra lemon if you want to cut the sweetness, serve with a lemon wedge so whoever is drinking can add more if they like, but this drink is not sweet so taste it first
- â€œKnock Your Socks Offâ€ is modeled after â€œBulliet Proofâ€ from a local-ish restaurant, same ingredients except instead of the Crown Royal they used Bulliet Rye. The difference is the smoothness, Crown makes a smoother drink, Bulliet is pretty fantastic though, too
- The measurements are all mine, which is why it took weeks to perfect
- If you have a favorite rye or whiskey Iâ€™ll bet you could sub it no problem
- As I’ve mentioned before in the St Germain & Gin cocktail recipe, you can make an individual drink or a pitcher based on the measurements (for example: a part can be a shot or a cup)
If you try it please come back and let me know if it did, in fact, Knock Your Socks Off.